Busy Bitter-Sweet November
I for one am happy to see the end of November. Sure, I’m “Thankful” and all that stuff but this has been a weird, busy, bitter-sweet month for the WA Lindsay’s.
This is a busy time of year for Debbie with Snick. Debbie created an apron design that has sold by the thousands this year. It’s called the Sexy Santa apron. For those that don’t know what “Snick” is… Its Debbie’s little business that she is now running out of our basement, garage, storage shed and every out building on our property. Snick is short for Snickelldoodles. (www.snickelldoodles.com) Heidi designed our first catalog two years ago and we are now on to our second full sized catalog.

Krista and her cousin Alyssa were able to go to “The Fray” concert in Spokane. (“How to save a life” and “overhead cable car”) It was pretty cool. They even invited me to join them. I think they were just using me for a ride but I’m not sure.
We have had more snow in the last two weeks than ever before and it’s been bitter cold too. Here’s our little farm house.
Thanksgiving was great. We had Sue and her gang plus several friends join us in our little farm house. It was fun and we all ate way too much.
Not to be too much of a downer but I want to share the bitter part of our month… one of Justin’s close friends rolled his truck. We are praying for a miracle… but, short of a miracle it’s very likely he will be paralyzed from the neck down. Justin and I are their Home Teachers and we like our whole community, are trying to do what we can to help. We are holding out for that miracle. Another one of Justin’s friends took his own life. He was about 24 and seemed so together. Some folk’s most painful trials are visible for the world to see and others most agonizing hardships are unseen and must be born alone.
So here’s what I give Thanks for; I’m thankful for a Mom and a Dad that taught us to work, to pray and to stand by each other in good times and bad. I’m thankful for Brothers and Sisters and Nieces and Nephews that are willing to share each others burdens. We have a great Family and I’m thankful for each one of you.
This is a busy time of year for Debbie with Snick. Debbie created an apron design that has sold by the thousands this year. It’s called the Sexy Santa apron. For those that don’t know what “Snick” is… Its Debbie’s little business that she is now running out of our basement, garage, storage shed and every out building on our property. Snick is short for Snickelldoodles. (www.snickelldoodles.com) Heidi designed our first catalog two years ago and we are now on to our second full sized catalog.
Krista and her cousin Alyssa were able to go to “The Fray” concert in Spokane. (“How to save a life” and “overhead cable car”) It was pretty cool. They even invited me to join them. I think they were just using me for a ride but I’m not sure.
We have had more snow in the last two weeks than ever before and it’s been bitter cold too. Here’s our little farm house.Thanksgiving was great. We had Sue and her gang plus several friends join us in our little farm house. It was fun and we all ate way too much.
Not to be too much of a downer but I want to share the bitter part of our month… one of Justin’s close friends rolled his truck. We are praying for a miracle… but, short of a miracle it’s very likely he will be paralyzed from the neck down. Justin and I are their Home Teachers and we like our whole community, are trying to do what we can to help. We are holding out for that miracle. Another one of Justin’s friends took his own life. He was about 24 and seemed so together. Some folk’s most painful trials are visible for the world to see and others most agonizing hardships are unseen and must be born alone.
So here’s what I give Thanks for; I’m thankful for a Mom and a Dad that taught us to work, to pray and to stand by each other in good times and bad. I’m thankful for Brothers and Sisters and Nieces and Nephews that are willing to share each others burdens. We have a great Family and I’m thankful for each one of you.


1 Comments:
Loving that sexy santa apron - TOO CUTE!! I love The Fray, but I am also a HUGE fan of Grey's Anatomy, and they sang their theme song. Bet that was an awesome concert. Sorry to hear about all the bad news. Stuff like that is hard, but it makes you realize how much you take for granted sometimes. We will keep your friends in our thoughts and prayers and hope for the best. Love You All!
By
Jensen Family, at 4:42 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home