Lindsay Family Blog

Friday, January 26, 2007

Helpful Tips for Busy Moms

Okay so here is the deal - I try to keep things as organized as possible to make our daily routine just a little easier. I have found a fun way to help organize our meals (dinner) and our shopping trips. I put together a book/binder with four different sections. First section is a calendar which I plan all our dinners for at least 2 weeks at a time. The second section is a list of meal ideas. The third section is a blank shopping list. (I found out that it is easier to have a list on hand so as soon as I realize I am out of something I can write it down so I don't forget when it comes time to go shopping.) And the fourth and final section is a grocery list I have typed for all of the meals on my meal idea sheet. (kind of confusing, but for example - I have chicken enchiladas listed, and then underneath that I have all the ingredients listed to make that dish) Then when I go to make my shopping list I can refer to my calendar and see what I am making for that week and then go to the grocery list and know exactly what to write on my shopping list. I keep this binder in the top drawer in my kitchen to refer to each day.

It has been really handy - no more guessing last minute what to cook for dinner. And I always know I have all the ingredients for what I am making. It also has made shopping a lot faster and I am not buying a bunch of items that aren't being used.

I will post a few pictures so you can get an idea (somewhat) of what I am talking about. If anyone is interested email me (tjkojjensen@msn.com) and I would be more than happy to send you all of my files so you can just print them off and they are ready to use.

Hope this doesn't seem silly - but I am always looking for something to make my life a little easier so I have more time for my family. If anyone else out there has some special tips to share to make this busy mom's life a little easier, I would LOVE to hear them.

Love You All - Jen

3 Comments:

  • Jen i really think this is a good ides!! After the first time i saw your calender i thought it was pretty cool and told mom we should do it!!! Love you ltos!! *abbie jo*

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:17 AM  

  • Wow. Great idea Jen. It looks like it would be helpful for a busy, not so married with not so many (no not any) kids (unless you count Justin) girl like me!

    Love ya'
    Heidi

    By Blogger Heidi L Barber, at 12:00 PM  

  • Hi Jen.
    What i Do to make my life and my wifes life easier is I order pizza once a week. its really easy you just call then on the phone and tell them what you want and they will deliver it to your door within 30 min or less. and the best part is NO DIRTY DISHES, it's paper plates or just a couple paper towels
    and of coruse paper cups or if you really want to save drink your pop right from the can.

    this is just one of many helpful tips i have

    Love ya all
    Uncle (guess who)?????

    p.s. maybe I should write a book about this stuff.
    (you'd all buy a copy right??)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home