Lindsay Family Blog

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Wow -- What gorgeous Kids!

Everyone has such beautiful children and the constant theme of how active the 2 year olds are cracks me up!! Funny how quickly you forget what the 2's are like when confronted with the teens!!
Lisa is busy applying to medical school. Please everyone pray and cross your fingers that she will get into Univ. of Washington (my choice since I am soooo tired of her being sooo far away!) Next June she graduates from BYUH, leaves for medical school, and Justin puts in his mission papers and leaves in August. So I will have a major empty nest - Krista and Maddie are already planning how to split the extra bedroom! Krista is wishing for a cell phone -- she swears she is the only person in the high school without one. I think I am now officially the shortest one in the family (except for the cats!) All the kids took after the long legged Lindsays and not the short stubby Sielers! I look forward to more postings -- we send our love to all!
Debbie

2 Comments:

  • Hi Anut Debbie,
    I miss you all. Did you ever doubt that you were going to be the shortest? HAHA I am so proud of Lisa. For sure I will cross my fingers that she will get into Univ. of Washington. I can't believe she is going to leave Hawaii. That is my next vacation. (I hope) Your family sounds so happy and good. Does Justin have any preferences of where he would like to go on a mission or does he care? And to solve your empty nest problem ... it sounds like there are a few two year olds that we could send you to keep you company.
    Love, Jessica
    ***P.S. - Get Krista a cell phone!! She probably is the only one without one. *** :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:37 AM  

  • Hello Debbie! I also am so proud of Lisa. What a little rock star. That is a lot of school. Please keep us posted on any news about Justin's mission. That is really exciting. Okay - I think I may have a solution on the cell phone thing with Krista. Buy her one of the "go" phones, I think that is what they are called. You can get them anywhere i.e. Walmart. You pay for minutes in advance and then when they are gone they are gone, no worries about going over the minutes or being on the phone too much. Then when ready you can buy more minutes for it. The cool thing about it is if she has a part time job she can buy the minutes herself, or she can do chores and help you out around the house to earn money to buy her own minutes. It makes her a little more responsible for the phone and she respects the minutes more because she is paying for them. I don't know, maybe you have already thought of this. My sister-in-law did it with her 17 year old and it worked out well. She works at Artic Circle part-time when she is not in school. She then puts whatever portion of her check towards minutes. It is kind-of cool.

    Love Ya Lots - Jen

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home